Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Becoming A Christian

When did you become a Christian? How did your life change?
I was 5 years old. I had a brand new baby sister, Esther Frances. I was jealous of her and of my popular sister Lois Faith, who was 16 months younger than I. My anger and jealousy found expression in disobedience and rebellion. I walked through Mr. Brown's carefully trimmed hedge, mistreated Lois, and was disobedient to the lady who was caring for mother and the new baby. (Mrs. Ganther) But the Lord convicted me, and I finally shared my situation with Mother. I confessed my sins to her, and she wisely recognized that I had reached the age of accountability. She instructed me to kneel by her bedside and ask God's forgiveness. And there, next to Mother and little Esther at her side, I was born again. The newborn was no longer a threat, because my own birth in Christ changed my outlook. God's love and peace erased the ugly resentments and anger. I was a child of God!

No comments: