Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Favorite Teacher

Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
In high school, Edith Sauer was my favorite teacher. I already liked math, and she was my plane geometry teacher. The very first day of class she won my determination to show her how special I was! The penetrating look she gave me with her big sparkling brown eyes, when she called my name, awakened a quick response! "I'll show you who I am!"
She was physically charming, had a beautiful smile, was a very good teacher, was unusually fair, kept student photos on the bulletin board, and was quite popular. No wonder! At the end of the first semester, she called me to her desk and told me she had compared her grades with those of my other teachers. All of them had turned in A's for my report. Her first grade for me at the initiation of the semester had been a B. She voluntarily changed it to an A, so that I would have all A's!
I kept up correspondence with Miss Sauer from high school till her death in 1996. 60 years!

No comments: