Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Winter Storm

Share a story about a severe winter storm.
We probably had several severe winter storms in Dayton, Ohio during my childhood and teen years, but they have not left ugly memories. I delighted in the snow and slid on the ice. Snowballs were what winters were made for!
The snowfall I remember best occurred in San Antonio, Texas, while Larry and I were teaching there in our Hispanic seminary. Most of our students had never handled snow before so the day turned into a snowball picnic. Students even climbed up on the dorm roof and scraped off snow to be sure they got it all. I arrived in my classroom about 8:00AM and immediately was greeted by a snowball that flew over my head, hit the blackboard, then splashed into pieces on my desk! I knew there was just one person on campus who could aim that well. Sure enough, it was Joe Rodriguez! Dr. Jose Rodriguez had thrown that snowball from the opposite side of the campus - a long distance. He's a real pro! When we reached home, a cute little neighbor kid came over and asked politely, "Can we borrow your snow?"

No comments: