Wednesday, June 13, 2007

First Bible

Who gave you your first Bible and how old were you when you received it? How did it influence your life?
I really don't remember when I received my first Bible. It has been an integral part of my life as far back as I can remember. My parents both took family devotions quite seriously and helped us develop a love for the Word of God.
I recall the shock I received when I discovered the contempt which some of my junior and senior high school teachers showed toward God's Word. My chemistry teacher made fun of me in front of the whole class, simply because I believed in the Biblical account of creation. My 8th grade English teacher caught me reading my Bible during a free reading period and told me I had to bring another type of book for that weekly assignment. I wonder what she would have said if I had brought a volume of Wesley's Works!

No comments: