Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Clothing

Describe one of your favorite dress-up outfits as a child. On what occasions would you wear it?
Mother made our dresses and was a careful seamstress. Often, she would use the same pattern for Lois and me. At times, she would buy similar material, but in different colors. I particularly recall the red dress she made for Lois and the green one she made for me. The material was a pretty combination of red and white, which Mother trimmed with a white ruffle. Mine was exactly the same, but done in green and white. Unfortunately, I liked red better than green. It seemed to me that Mother had shown preference in her selection of colors. So, I was jealous. (Remember that I was a Christian but not yet entirely sanctified!)
The dress I remember best was black with white polka dots. It was the first dress I ever bought for myself and was not homemade. It was not expensive, but I was excited about the ability to make my own choice.

No comments: