Wednesday, June 13, 2007

God's Calling

Did you ever feel that God had a special calling on your life?
I think I was aware of His special calling quite early. I had a strong desire that God would call me as a missionary to Africa. During my years in high school and college, I kept reminding the Lord that I was available to do missionary service in Africa. I fasted and prayed and pled for divine direction, but God had other plans and knew exactly when I would need His answer.
Finally, He called Larry to the ministry. We sold our house in Dayton and joyfully headed for Kansas City in 1945, the first year NTS served our church. I settled for the career of being mother and a pastor's wife.
But during Larry's second year in NTS, I awoke one morning, knowing definitely that God had called me as a missionary to Guatemala. I wanted to share the exciting news with Larry, but the Holy Spirit reminded me that God does not do things by halves. He would call Larry too. And He did about a week later!

No comments: