Wednesday, June 13, 2007

First Date

When did you have your first date? Tell me about it.
Paul Nock and I never really dated. We would walk home from church together, since his family and mine walked together, but I probably walked with his sister Marjorie as often as I did with him. He did claim me as his girlfriend, however, and the big chocolate Easter eggs he gave me for Easter and my birthday, plus valentine candy for Feb. 14 announced plainly that I was his.
We often ate Sunday dinner at his home, and the Nock family would frequently come to our home for Sunday dinner. We played together. Paul liked to climb trees and show me his skill, but none of that togetherness could be categorized as dating.
Actually, when Paul began to date Jean (the girl he eventually married), his mother thought I might be hurt. So she arranged a blind date for me at a party in her home. This, my first date, was quite boring to me and to the guy. We had nothing in common.

No comments: