Wednesday, June 13, 2007

First Kiss

What do you remember about your first kiss?
Paul Nock, Howard Myers, Earl Pendleton and I recognized our relationship as girlfriend-boyfriend, but we never kissed each other.
However, dating Larry was different story! The word had spread on campus that I refused to be kissed, and one of my fellow students was crude enough to yell across campus, "Has he kissed you yet?" I think George did that more than once.
Larry and I had dated for about three months before he kissed me. Evidently he had heard the rumor that I would refuse if he asked. So, he didn't ask. He grabbed me and kissed me, and somehow I knew it was all right. Our first date occurred on Jan. 21, 1938. The first kiss (2 I think) occurred on April 14 of the same year. Sixty happy years have hurried by and we still kiss joyfully, lovingly and almost daily. (Unless I'm teaching in Latin America and he is in the US)
Joyce's added note...in 2007 they still kiss and hug...but have to sit to do this or they might fall over! Hey, she is 89 and he is 94!!!!!!

No comments: