Wednesday, April 18, 2007

First Time to Church

When did you first go to church? What are your earliest memories of church?

All during the 9 months that my mother carried me before my birth, I was taken quite frequently to the First Church of the Nazarene in Dayton, Ohio, a small church located on Williams St.

I enjoyed the ministry of the Trissels, the Butts and the Palmers during my first years in Sunday School. They really loved us.

One of my favorite church friends was Brother Sanderson. He showed a lively interest in small children. He called us three sisters "Walker," "Talker" and "Squawker."

I learned very early that I was to remain silent and attentive during the church services. When I didn't, my father had strong means of reminding me of my responsibility! I enjoyed the church music, endured lengthy sermons and very early took active part in the altar services, either as a seeker or as an intercessor for others. I loved my church.

No comments: