Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Childhood Bedroom

Describe your childhood bedroom. What was the view from your window?

We three girls slept in the bedroom next to the attic. Lois and I occupied a double bed, and Esther had a single bed on the other side of the room. One window faced the brick house next door, where the Slorps lived downstairs and the Upsons lived upstairs. Lilies of the valley grew snuggled against the house directly below this window. The front window bordered on the roof over our front porch. We could see the Hunters', Smiths,' Boyers and other neighbors' homes across the street and could watch the train that chugged by on the track just beyond the Slorps' house.

My bedside was the place where I would kneel after returning from school in the afternoon. That was a sacred spot where I talked things over with the Lord. I needed that communication, because my school friends were critical of my walk with Christ.

No comments: