Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dedicated or Baptized?

Were you baptized or dedicated as an infant? If so, where and by whom?

I was baptized as a small child, then chose to be baptized again in Wolf Creek when I was about 12 years of age. I think Rev. Henry was the one who baptized me when I was a baby. Our family deeply appreciated his ministry.

Of course, the baptism in Wolf Creek meant a great deal to me, because it was a public testimony to unsaved folk who gathered around our church group and watched with curiosity as we were dipped in that creek. I think that a few of my school friends were among those who stood apart from us and watched and learned. Pastor A. H. Perry baptized me. He was a solid Christian, and excellent teacher of the Word, and a caring pastor. He could quote Adam Clarke almost as well as he quoted the Bible.

No comments: