Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mischief

What mischievous childhood experience do you remember? How did it affect you?
Of course, Lois and I engaged in quite a few mischievous escapades. One that particularly stands out in my memory is the day that we decided to take advantage of my dad's faithful record of always getting to Delco Products on time.
Dad sang in the choir and loved the old fashioned hymns, but he rejected the light choruses that failed to express deep theological truths. A particularly disgusting chorus for him was, "I'll Fly Away." When we merrily sang this at home, he would make us stop.
So one day, just as Dad walked out toward Fifth St., where he would take the streetcar to go to work, Lois and I stood in the door and loudly and merrily sang "I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away!"
Late or not, Dad returned and soundly spanked us!

No comments: